The scheme Enhancing Skill Development Infrastructure In North Eastern States (ESDI) envisages to enhance the existing infrastructure of skill development in North Eastern States. The scheme is aimed for:
- Upgradation of 22 ITIs by introducing three new trades per ITI with 100% Central funding;
- Supplementing infrastructure deficiencies in 28 ITIs by constructing new hostel, boundary wall and supplementing old and obsolete tools and equipment with 100% Central funding; and
- Establishment of 34 new ITIs in 8 North Eastern States with 90% Central and 10% State funding.
- SPMU :- Under this component, there is a provision for funding to the state and central project monitoring unit with 100% central funding.
The statue of the scheme in Mizoram are as below:
- Upgradation of Govt. ITI Aizawl by introduction three new trades.
- Supplementing infrastructure deficiencies in all the three ITIs in Mizoram viz. Aizawl, Lunglei&Siaha.
- Establishment of 3 new ITI at Champhai, Kolasib and Serchhip Districts.
- SPMU: A dedicated monitoring unit is set up under the Directorate of LESDE.