- To safe-guard the interest and service condition of the employees through effective implementation of various State and Central Acts.
- To promote industrial peace and harmony
- To enforce Health and Safety Measures
- To ensure timely payment of wages and enforcement of Minimum Wages.
- To motivate self-employment in the context of soaring unemployment. Providing counseling to employment seekers. Sponsoring of Registrants against suitable vacancies. Providing counseling and career guidance to the students.
- To work towards providing specialized placement service to the Differently abled Persons and other unemployed youth.
- To provide vocational guidance, employment counseling to youth and unemployed. Registration and sponsoring of candidates for employment in the Public and Private Sector.
- To impart technical skill in various vocational trades through implementation of Apprenticeship Training Scheme and to provide training to the trainees in different trades under NCVT and SCVT pattern.
Labour, Employment, Skill Development & Entrepreneurship Department is a service Department and responsible for Enforcement of Central Acts/Rules and State Acts/Rules. The Department is acting as a backbone of the Society to protect the service condition of the working class and promoting the industrial peace and harmony. The functions of this Department can be broadly classified into four major heads:
- Implementation of Labour Laws and Labour Welfare Measures
- Implementation of Industrial Safety Laws
- Extension of Employment Assistance; and
- Imparting of vocational and apprentice training to youth.