In exercise of the powers conferred by Sub-section (1) of Section 18 of the Child Labour (Prohibition and Regulation) Act, 1986 (61 of 1986), the Government of Mizoram hereby makes the following rules, namely:-
1. Short title and commencement:
(1) These rules may be called the Mizoram Child Labour (Prohibition and Regulation) Rules, 2009;
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Mizoram Gazette.
2. Definitions: In these rules, unless the context otherwise requires:-
(a) “act” means the Child Labour (Prohibibion and Regulation) Act, 1986 (61 of 1986);
(b) “form” means a form appended to these rules:
(c) “register’ means the register required to be maintained under section 11 of the Act;
(d) “government” means the Government of Mizoram;
(e) “schedule” means the schedule appended to the Act;
(f) “section” means a section of the Act.
3. Register to be maintained under section 11 of the Act: - (1) Every occupier of an establishment shall maintain a register in respect of children employed or permitted to work, in Form A.
(2) The register shall be maintained on a yearly basis and shall be retained by the employer for a period of three years after the date of the last entry made therein.
4. Certificate of age: - (1) All young persons in employment in any of the occupation set fourth in Part A of the Schedule or in any workshop wherein any of the processes setforth in Part B of the Schedule is carried on; shall produce a certificate of age from the appropriate medical authority, whenever required to do so by an Inspector.
(2) The appropriate Medical Authority for the purpose of sub-rule (1) shall be a Government Medical Officer.
(3) The certificate of age referred to in sub-rule(1) shall be issued in Form B.
(4) The charges payable to the medical authority for the issue of such certificate shall be the same as prescribed by the State Government or the Central Government, as the case may be, for their respective Medical Boards.
(5) Any fee payable to the Medical Authority shall be paid by the employer of the child whose age is under question.