Ministry of Labour & Employment has decided to formulate The Labour Code on Social Security Act, 2020 by amalgamating, simplifying and rationalizing all existing Labour Laws related to Employees Workmen’s Compensation Act. 1923, The Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972, The Maternity Benefit Act, 1961, Building and Other Construction workers (Regulation of Employment and Conditions of Service) Act. 1996 and Unorganized Workers’ Social Security Act, 2008.
2. Continuing the pre-legislative consultative process, the Draft of the Labour Code on Social Security (Mizoram) Rules, 2021 is being placed on the web-site: lesde.mizoram.gov.in for 45 days for information, consultations and comments of the Stakeholders.
3. Employers’ Organizations and Trade Unions recognized by the State Government are invited to give their suggestions/comments/input, if any, on this revised Code. Comments may be submitted, latest by 26th July, 2022, by e-mail to Director, Labour, Employment, Skill Development & Entrepreneurship, Tuikhuahtlang, Dr. C. Silvera Building, Opposite AIR Station, Aizawl.
Email address : firstname.lastname@example.org
4. In order to facilitate proper consideration, the comments/suggestions on the Draft Code must be in following format:
Name of the Organization/Government :
Name of Contact Person:
Section/Sub-section Clause/Proviso of the Draft Code
Issue/Problem identified in the Section / Sub-section / Clause/ Proviso of the Draft Code
Proposed/Change that should be made
Reason for proposed change
Remarks, if any
5. It may be noted that all suggestions/comments should be submitted through recognized Employers’/Workers’ Associations only. Individual comments from any individual or institution will be avoided as they will not be entertained.
6. Dated for formal consultation meeting shall be communicated separately.